When it comes to children and sleep, one of the most frequent concerns from parents is how to get them to bed on time every night. Nearly every parent has had to deal with the difficulty of putting a child to bed at some point, and for a lot of parents, bedtime is a recurring nightmare. It seems strange that kids require much more sleep than adults do, yet many resist going to sleep with every fiber in their body. This can cause a strain on both parents and children and lead to poor sleep for everybody in the household.
So how do you get your kids to go to sleep at night? And more importantly how do you get them to go to sleep at night regularly? Here we give you 7 tips on getting your kids to bed on time everynight:
- Know how much sleep your child should be getting.
- Make bedtime a routine.
- Create an ideal sleeping environment.
- Turn off electronics.
- Make sure they get regular exercise.
- Avoid meals and caffeine before bedtime
- Be on the lookout for signs of sleep disorders.